Canoeing down the River Ardèche
Canoeing in Ardèche is the “must-do” activity! Therefore, the best way to discover the Ardèche gorges – from the water, looking up at the huge cliff-faces on either side.
Several options are available:
- a half-day trip (8 or 12km)
- the full day (24km), or
- a two-day trip camping out in the gorges overnight (32km)
Choose whichever option works best for you!
Canoeing in Ardèche from the campsite
For several years now, we have worked with Action Midi Sport, a canoe rental company in Vallon Pont d’Arc. Just go there in the morning, they will bring you back to the start in the evening, after a nice day. Say you come from us, you get 10% discount. It couldn’t be easier !
If possible, we recommend that you go in the early or late part of the season when the river is less busy.
Other ways to visit the Ardèche gorges
Discovering the gorges by canoe is fantastic! It is also nice to enjoy them from a different perspective, for example:
- Walking in the Ardèche gorges (discover a route here)
- Take the tourist route which has great panoramic views down over the gorges
- Elsewhere in our beautiful Ardèche